Our Mission, Vision, and Core Values
… Telling stories. Connecting people.
“We’ve gotta have a great show, with a million laughs … and color … and a lot of lights to make it sparkle! And songs – wonderful songs! And after we get the people in that hall, we’ve gotta start ’em in laughing right away! Oh, can’t you just see it?”
— Patsy Barton (Judy Garland), Babes in Arms
We boldly bring stories to life on stage: Stories that illuminate the human experience. Stories that provoke us or that encourage us. Stories that require us to contemplate and inquire or that ask us to laugh and sing.
We are a place for storytellers – performing artists of all types and in all disciplines – to come together, create, and thrive. We are a supportive environment for artists to learn, grow, and practice their art while taking risks and pushing boundaries.
We engage with our community to bring stories, artists, and audiences together to pursue a vibrant and dynamic art form in new and exciting ways.
Dreamlight Theatre is a world-class arts organization in Northern California. Our vision is to become a dominant theatre in the region, introducing audiences to works they might not otherwise have the opportunity to experience. We will lean into change, adapting and re-creating the art of theatre as our culture and society shifts and changes. To accomplish our mission, we must invest in the artists who make theatre by providing both formal and information experiences for training and development and providing a safe and supportive environment in which to practice their art. We are also committed to exploring new technology and new media to find new ways to tell stories. We will be successful when we are able to bring artists, audiences, and our community partners together for mutual benefit.
Our Core Values
The performing arts are, by their very nature, collaborative. The experience we have while working together belongs to each of us individually and all of us collectively. As artists, we will:
- Be bold and different and not afraid to take risks;
- Demand exceptional quality in our product and process and from each other;
- Respect each other, the creative process, and the work in which we engage;
- Cultivate a space where ideas, art, and creativity are permitted to flourish;
- Be transparent in our operation and in communication with others;
- Keep integrity at the forefront of who we are and all that we do;
- Hold each other accountable in the spirit of becoming better versions of ourselves;
- Learn from each other and develop ourselves as artists and humans; and
- Remember that the experience can, and should, be enjoyable and fun.
Dreamlight Theatre is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization.